Monday 3 March 2014

Teal and gold broke my stamping virginity!

Teal and Gold nail stamping - first attempt!

So for my first ever proper blog entry I thought I'd show you another first, namely my first proper stamping attempt. I just love the combination of teal and gold and I don't think the stamping turned out too bad either.

For this design I used Barry M Belly polish in Watermelon.
Barry M Gelly in Watermelon




It's a bit difficult to get a decent picture of the colour but I do love the Gelly polishes by Barry M. This one is a really gorgeous greeny teal colour (Chances are I will do a review of these shortly as I have a range of colours)

I did the over stamping in Nails Inc Chelsea Bridge Road which is a great gold foil and seems to stamp really well.
Nails Inc Chelsea Bridge Road


I used the Moyou London professional plate 09. The images were actually too small for my thumbnail so I doubled up. Luckily I don't think it's too obvious!

Moyou pro plate 09

Close up of image used (centre image)

I must admit to not having a great camera at the moment so apologies for the picture quality. 

 

TADA!!

Please let me know your thoughts on both my first proper blog entry and also I'd love to hear your favourite colour combinations.

Happy stamping!
 














8 comments:

  1. Lovely manicure :) The colours are so pretty together, and I don't think you can tell you stamped twice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thank you Sam - The picstures aren't the best quality as I was using my phone so hoping to improve on that. I do love the colour combo though. Makes me thing of rich, opulent wall hangings and upholstery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya :) I think your first stamping attempt is great! It is so much fun. Well done with your first post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Maria - I'm getting there slowly. Just deciding what to do for my next post. I'm torn between reviewing the three recent Barry M Gelly polish purchases or playing with the new fimo canes I got delivered today. I also want to do a post about my trials and tribulations with a dotting tool! SO much to choose from!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are fab! Well done on the Blog, can't wait to see more...especially hoping you do polkadots and skulls in the future! ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh skulls is a brilliant idea! Might see if I can find some fimo cane skulls and do a floral sugarskull thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that looks great; I can't see the join in your stamping (and I know it's difficult to line the stamps up, I've tried this myself lots of times). Have you tried the MoYou XL plates, they're 2cm long and a bit wider and they work great on my nails when they are longer!

    Good luck with your blog :)

    ReplyDelete