Wednesday 12 March 2014

Minnie Mouse inspired Mani

Good morning fellow polish addicts.  Today I'm going to run through a brief description of how I did the Minnie mouse inspired Mani pictured below :D



 
I used Barry M Gelly in Blood Orange. Barry M Nail Paint in black and Sinful Colours Snow me White.
Additional items were some small fimo bows I purchased from eBay and a dotting tool.
 


 
I started with two coats of the Barry M Blood Orange (I know this seems like the wrong way to do it given that this is the tip colour but I personally found it ,much much easier than trying to get the red to sit well over the black polish if you try to do it the other way around!)
 

 
I then used some old striping tape to mark off the tips of the nails as I wasn't confident enough to freehand the lines well enough
 
 
I painted the bottom part of the nail with Bary M Black nailpaint leaving the tips red and ten removed the tape.  This did take a couple of coats again!
 
 
I then added white dots in the Sinful Colours Now me White, and added the small fimo bows and two layers of topcoat. (Apologies for messy cuticles - My camera seems to show up every teeny tiny imperfection - I promise they actually look much neater in real life!)

 
 
Et Voila! I know there are a few spots which would be a bit tidier but for a first attempt I was pretty happy with this, I've seen a few Minnie Mouse inspired Manis but not in this particular colourway and formation so smiles all round with a resolution to get much better!
 
I would love to hear your thoughts on this particular mani. Don't forget you can also connect with polishednotperfect via twitter. My handle is @polishxperfect.
 
 
 
 
 

 

2 comments:

  1. Looks very pretty :) I like the addition of the little bows too. Looks like the Sinful white is well pigmented - does it work for stamping? xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maria - Thanks for the feedback. The Sinful colours Oh Snow White is actually my current go-to for stamping white polishes! It holds up really well even over black. Plus it's only £1.99 at my local Boots so for that price I can't complain!

    ReplyDelete