Friday 15 August 2014

I'm Baaaaaack! Moyou XL stamping plate review

Firstly I need to apologise to all you lovely followers for not being around very much of late. As some of you may know I am currently trying to plan my wedding and it all went a bit lala of late as it was time to find and order my dress! -

Dress is now ordered and I have some very funky shoes too. Now just trying to decide if I am going to do my own nails or get someone to do them for me. The last thing I want is to pay to get them done and then look at them and realise I could have done a better job myself!

So onto my latest post...

I have really got into and very much enjoy stamping as a way of jazzing up my nails. I also have freakishly large nails which actually reduces the amount of plates I can use. I know some of you girlies out there completely ROCK the smaller nails but I can't help looking at some plates and wondering if they were made for midgets or small children.

My stamping stalwart has always been MoYou London XL plates. They have a HEAP of great designs and are very reasonably priced at £4.99 each. They used to do free 2nd class UK shipping but now it;s free UK first class but only with orders of £15 or more. Given that their plates are £4.99 it means that 3 plate order is JUST shy of being enough for free shipping which irks me a little. Then again my most recent order was for 9 plates so I guess I can't really complain! 



 
As you can see each plate comes in a cute little cardboard cover depicting the range it is from. Each range has its own colour scheme for the sleeve and a funky personality to go with it. this makes it really easy to find a particular plate or to look a one range only if you have a theme in mind.
 
As with most plates the MoYou London plates come with a film that must be removed before you can start to use them.
Top plate - film intact.
Bottom plate - film removed.
 
The Moyou XL images measure approx 1.6cm wide by 2.1cm high which I find "just" covers my thumbnail.
 
The images on each are crisp and clear and easy to use. I will be adding some examples of stamping using these in a couple of later posts where I will also touch on some regular polishes that I find work just as well as the speciality stamping ones.
 
Bottom line is that I would recommend these plates to both veteran nail stampers and beginners alike.
 
Plates can be purchased from MoYou London my clicking HERE
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment